Sunday, July 26, 2009

Gods Promise

After reading all of the updates on Thursday at the park, I thought I would blog what my Thursday was like.

When we woke up around 7:00 am it was raining and it rained all day. Because of the rain all the regular camp activities were modified and indoors. I spent most of my day in the kitchen helping the head cook. We cooked and cooked and cooked.

After dinner a movie was put on for the campers in the dinning hall and I was able to get a load of laundry done. The Camp Directors snuck out for a little couple time at a local restaurant and myself and a few other adults just kept an eye on things. Which really wasn't necessary as the teenage staff are amazing, totally responsible and are amazing with the kids. About 8:30 PM the rain stopped and the sun was shinning. While I was hobbling to the laundry area the most amazing gift was given to all of us.


I looked east and say a rainbow but what made it even more spectacular was it was not one but two full arcing rainbows! The rainbows only last about 10 minutes but it was so cool that most of the staff and campers left the movie to marvel over the gift from God. I wish I could of hobbled quick enough to get the camera so I could show all of you but you will have to be satisfied with the photo the husband took of the sun setting later that night.

2 comments:

  1. The picture is beautifl and I could visualize the spectacular rainbow by your beautiful description. You have been looking for signs from God for such a long time now and he continues to speak to you in such spiritual ways. You have been so hard working and dedicated and have helped others for so long now. Maybe God would like you to enjoy the beauty that surrounds you and recognize the beauty that lies within you. God says that you are a wonderful person, did you know that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture is spectacular. The double rainbow is a wonderful sight, something you will never forget. I remember the one and only double rainbow I saw. Back in the 90's, I was driving to do a VBS in Englhart Ont. I was just east of Sudbury it had just stoped raining. The sky to the east was still very dark and then a double rainbow appeared. What a sight.
    God speeks to everyone but only those that are listening will hear him. Do you think that He wants you to slow down hence the bad ankle. I thought that when I was forced to slow down.
    Love You

    ReplyDelete