Friday, May 6, 2011

Catch Up Fridays

(Cathy) Yeah! I made it. Five complete days in a row of my new shift. I feel like I have passed through a few time zones. I will. admit that the exercise is really helping. At times, when all I have wanted to do is sit on the couch and zone out I have made myself go and use the Wii. Afterwards, I feel great and have a positive attitude. I have been losing a bit of weight and my muscles are getting happy.



Tonight we are meeting for dinner at a local pub. (So much for the lost weight!) They brew their own beer, too. They have a light beer which I really enjoy.



I should tell you all that yes, it's raining yet again. We seem to have one really nice day; all sunny and warm and it's surrounded by ten days of rainy weather. I hope this will not be what our summer will be like. We were spoiled last summer and frankly, I'm greedy and would like a nice long hot summer again! Anyone agree? The one sunny day we had I asked the little one if she noticed anything different. She looked around and then said "No, why?" I replied" The sun is shinning!!!" Well I guess that was all we are getting. I too am tired of the rain, rain, rain. But keep in mind cold rainy weather is good for business.



Speaking of business, the school hosted a basketball tournament Monday through Wednesday. Holy busy, I was on my own on Monday (as I didn't know what to expect with the tournament) KD came during the lunch rush and helped out, thankfully. Tuesday, my staff came in and we made it through. Thankfully, we had done a lot of baking on the Friday before in preparation for the tournament, but we still had to do some more Tuesday afternoon. Then Wednesday, once again my staff came in (thank the Lord). We were super busy all day. Our sales were three times the normal Wednesday. By the end of the day I was wiped.




Next Friday Carolin is putting me to work! I'm looking forward to it. I wonder what kind of boss she will be????? Hey Carolin, what should I wear? Do I have to use a hair net? What time should I report for duty? Do I need to bring anything? Yes, I am expecting you next Friday. Please come for 10:00 am. While in the kitchen yes you will need a hairnet and hat. It is our normal Friday busy, plus we are responsible for making an extra 150 - 200 burgers for preorderd lunches. They need to be assembled and wrapped. Also we have a luncheon for 45 - 50 people to serve. I want you to help with prep and to serve the luncheon. You will do great, I am not (too) concerned.





Hubby came home a few days ago to tell me that he had to go to Vienna and Venice for work! Hmmmmm, just what kind of job is this? Well, the trip has been temporarily postponed. I think it was all just wishful thinking!





The Teenager has started her summer job, so far she is enjoying it. She tells us her crew (she is lead) is in charge of removing the weeds from the boulevards. But they are only to remove the weeds that grow in the mulched area and they are to pull the weeds but not pick them up. Another crew is responsible for picking up the weeds! She says since it is early in the season and not all the summer staff had started yet there isn't much to do.


(Sunshine) Cathy I am looking forward to hearing all about your work experience with Carolin. I am sure that you are going to have a great time and that you will be impressed watching her in action.


Everything else is same old same old around here. Have a great mothers day and talk to you all next week.




See you all next week! Take care. Here's hoping I lose a bit more weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment