Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Miracle Of Child Birth

I was in great thought today looking over my years as a dedicated wife and mom. There is nothing else that I would have rather done with my life the last 13 years. I left a very fun and dynamic career upon the arrival of my first child. I worked the day before she arrived and I felt great. I still remember the felling when she first arrived. I know that it was the single happiest moment of my life. I remember holding her and being so amazed that she was actually mine and amazed at the miracle of birth itself. I held her for a good 20 minutes before they took her away to take her measurements and dress her to present her to rest of the world. I didn' t even think to ask if my baby was a boy or a girl and it didn't hit me until the nurses said how beautiful she was. My husband and I looked into each others eyes and smiled and I think that we were both amazed at not knowing the baby's gender and realizing at that moment that it really didn't matter because we were already in love with this human being the moment we knew of her arrival. You would think that the gender of the baby would be on the top of the list of questions but in those magical moments all we knew was love and all we wanted to know was that she was healthy. Then later baby number 2 arrived. Her birth was considerably different from my first and much more difficult but the feeling when she arrived was exactly the same as when my first daughter arrived. Now I had two happiest moments in my life. I felt a sense of calm and peace and an unbelievable sense of pride and most of all an outpouring of love for this tiny human being. She looked at that moment identical to her sister when she was born. The excitement of having my 2 daughters is still with me today and I am sure that it will always be there. That is probably the one for sure thing in my life. I know that I will always love them both forever.

The other thing that is really cool is that they automatically love and adore me too. Mothers and their children the bond is unbreakable.

I just want to thank God for such incredible gifts. They really do mean the world to me.

Thank You!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your Girls are truly blessed to have you for there Mother. Yes the bond is unbreakable between a Mother and her child. Life is wonderful and Sunshine you make it better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your beautiful words. Your children are lucky to have you too. You add an element to this blog that is so needed and I am so glad that this gives you a platform to let your own daughter know how proud of her you are and how wonderful you know she is. I love to listen to the two of you interact.

    ReplyDelete