Friday, April 17, 2009

The Trials and Tribulations of Looking for Employment

Just got home from meeting with a case manager referred through Employment Insurance. She asked what I was looking for in the way of employment and what I have done so far. She seemed nice enough but it was not what I was expecting. She referred me to a couple of agencies. One that might help with training and another that will help with tapping into the “hidden job market”.
What the heck is a hidden job market and why hide it? Would it not make more sense to employers to advertise the need for help in their workforce? Maybe I have just been out of the workforce to long and don’t get it! One thing I thought a little odd was she never asked to see my resume. O well must stay positive and keep plugging along.

P.S. I actually wrote this a couple of weeks ago, but forgot that I hadn’t posted it!

No comments:

Post a Comment