Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What's your name again?

Hi everyone!

It's me, Cathy. I have been noticing lately that I have been forgetting things. I have always been proud of my memory, but it has begun to let me down. The worst is names. People with whom I have worked with for years will see me and call out, "Hi, Cathy....how are you doing?" I plant a big smile on my face and call back,"Hi, good to see you! Have a great day!." After we have passed I struggle to think of who the heck it was! I must know that person....... they looked very familiar....what is their name!!!! I will walk about 100 paces, going through the alphabet, A...no...B...nah....C...maybe, nope, and so on until, finally, it clicks! Then I feel stupid. How could I have forgotten that name?
It's not just names, either. I really need to write things down, in list format. I still use a PDA, (palm pilot). I love it! I note down appointments, birthdays and even grocery lists grow as I can add to the list as I think of things we need at the grocery store.
A very kind colleague commented to me once that my memory is still fine. It's just that with kids I have an abundance of 'stuff" I need to remember, on top of the things I did before. I thought it was very nice of him to say that......... now if I could just remember his name??

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy, I must say that I have been stuggling with memory for a while now. Sometimes it is what was I just going to do? Any little distraction and my original train of thought is lost. A lot of times I could be expressing my thoughts about something and I know what I am talking about but I cannot connect the dots for someone else to be able to follow along out loud. Sometimes its a little bit scary and most of the time it starts out a little bit embarassing but since most of the time I am surrounded by others who are of similar age we just take turns forgetting. Caroline and I once joked about how all of the older peole that we know end up having short curly hair and then she gave me a card that said that we would love each other even when our hair will do the same thing. I hope that we remember this when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave you a card? We talked about old people and short curly hair? Once again I don't remember any of this!!!

    ReplyDelete