Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thursdays on the Bench

(Cathy) Hi everyone! What does everyone think about the book club? Sunshine, for someone who does not have time to read a lot of books, you sure got a lot out of the first reading!!

Let's talk about the weather. I'm not complaining, it's just that.... o.k., maybe I'm just a little miffed that it rained on my days off. It's funny because it seems in the summer it will be beautiful weather during the week and come the weekend it rains. I know now is the rainy season and I'm grateful as we didn't have a lot of snow this past winter. We definitely need the rain to build up our water tables. I hooked my rain barrels back up and they are now full! All my seeds are doing great except for my pansies. No sign of them yet. It was old seed and this winter I cleaned up all my old seed packets. In other words, I planted it all to see what was still viable. I just read over what I wrote.... what a bunch of rambling nonsense! Oh well.... Uh, what are you talking about? What you wrote now or something on the blog from last year or some other secret writing you do??? Ha! ha! ha!
(Carolin) I don't mind the rain because we had such an amazing Easter weekend. My cousins were in their bathing suits tanning. Who would have thought, tanning at the beginning of April. There are a lot of people complaining about Global Warming but for a Canadian, Global Warming is great!
I don't think I am going to plant anything this summer. No baskets, planters or vegetable garden. The little one and I will be away all summer so there seems to be no point. Now sounds like a good time to remind all the ladies about our annual bbq on the Sunday of Labour Day weekend!!!!!!!! Where did that come from? I won't have many opportunities to remind you relentlessly over the summer, if you're not here!!!! :)!
It was a bit of a damper this morning waking up with the rain and no sunshine. My daffodils are almost ready to bloom and my tulips are peaking through the ground. I hope that my peach tree has a lot of peaches this summer. I like it when the weather is not nice cause I am busy at work and today was no exception. I was busy all day. We took the cover off of our pool. The rain is starting to fill it up. (the water level has risen about an inch!! lol!)
(Sunshine) What an incredible weekend.(past) It was probably the nicest weather we have had in a long time for the Easter long weekend. On Friday all four of us girls and our families met for fish and chips. We met at a local fish and chips place and it was very busy. The restaurant had a wait of over an hour to be seated and we quickly realized (actually Cathy and Carolin as they were first on the scene) that even if we waited, there was no way that it would accommodate all 20 of us at the same time. The decision was made to order(take out) for each of our families and then Carolin graciously offered up her home as a meeting place to have our dinner. We waited outside at the restaurant for about an hour and that was actually fun! The kids were sitting on the curb chatting and laughing and us adults were observing some of the other interesting people and also chatting. The hour passed by very quickly and I actually had a really good time. When do we find that we actually have the time and patience to wait in line for such an extended period of time and not even complain about it? It was nice to have everyone off work and relaxed and just enjoying each others company. It was a really nice evening!
As our food was ready we headed over to Carolin's house. When I arrived she and her husband were making an apple crisp. It was the fastest that I had ever seen two people put together a home made dessert. Let me tell you it was so delicious! We ate and talked and the little kids played together. The men ended up on their own in the living room for a while and I spent a lot of time talking to my nieces as they had actually scheduled some time to be with all of us without having to rush off to another outing. It was fun to catch up. I have to thank Carolin and her family for a great night and for hosting my 2 nieces as well as my sister and her boyfriend and his daughter and my family. She was and always has been a gracious hostess and we really appreciated it. It was a fun evening and having everyone over was great. Glad we all had fun! I thank-you too, it was a great time. I'm looking forward to the start of my new shift so we can do it again!
Then on Saturday we had a house full of people as I had both sides of the the family over. It was busy and a lot of fun and by the end of the night I was so tired. On Sunday it was just our family and on Monday, Mr Sunshine was off to Orlando and the girls and I went to the movies. We saw "The Last Song" and it was a good movie but a real tear- jerker. Wow you were busy, things were much laid back at our house. I cooked and cooked and cooked and then we went to KD's for dinner on Sunday. We had Easter dinner on Saturday night at my folks place. My dad cooked a roast lamb. It was yummy! It was leftovers for the rest of the weekend. We are also busy this weekend coming. We are going to London, ON, for dinner with family. We haven't seen them in a while and we are looking forward to it. Have fun in London, my mom is coming for the weekend so my family has been spending the week gathering all their stuff that needs mending. We wouldn't want her to feel bored and it's important that she feel usefull, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment