It is Thanksgiving Weekend and all week I have been contemplating what I am Thankful this year. I have complied a list.
- I am thankful for my husband who has picked up the household slack now that I am not here to do it all. And I am thankful that though he doesn't do it the way I do I have matured enough to know to keep my mouth shut and go with it.
- I am thankful that the little one has adjusted to the early morning (6:30 am) wake ups and gives me minimal hassles getting ready for school. She also goes to her classroom to catch up on school work or get a head start on work willingly each school morning by 8:00 am.
- I am thankful that though the teenager is going through her own personal struggles wright now she does get up each morning and goes to school and is still looking at her future and researching university and scholarships.
- I am thankful for my blogging sisters, who as of yesterday now are all working outside of the home (as they wanted to). Way to go Cathy, Louise, and Sunshine. It will make it almost impossible for us to get together now but its a new chapter in our lives and we will embrace it with smiles on our faces and our heads held high!
- I am thankful for my Friday night small group as we are about to start a new book study 'The Hole in our Gospel, the answer that changed my life might just change the world' by Richard Stearns (president of world vision U.S. I am excited to get into the book and expand beyond my comfort zone and do more work in my city with the homeless, less fortunate and needy. Learn more http://www.theholeinourgospel.com/
- I am thankful for the women's Heart 2 Heart bible study that is held on Wednesday nights. We had 27 women register including two of my aunts! It is going to be a great study and I am excited by it. http://www.lifeway.com/lby/
- I am thankful for the opportunity to work at a job that I love and be around loving,encouraging people. Most of the staff at the school have been very encouraging and the students are wonderful. I pray that I can move to the new kitchen ASAP! Please pray that the kitchen is outfitted and complete very soon.
- I am thankful that my family will be together this Sunday for a wonderful turkey dinner with all the fixings and it is not at my house or do I have to cook it!!!!!!!!!
- I am thankful that though the weather is cold and rainy it isn't SNOW.
- I am thankful that my annual physical went quickly and smoothly yesterday. All the blood work came back and is all in the normal range, no lumps and quickest, painless pap I have every had!
- And finally I am THANKFUL that God has given me the opportunity to wright what I want when I want and that he has provided the friends who come to the park and join us on the bench to have a laugh or a cry. You are all patient while we are slow to wright lately as we adjust to our new schedules. Though I have not always wrote on the blog believe me when I say I do go on the blog at least twice a day. So keep commenting, I love our interaction.
Happy Thanksgiving Benchers!