Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday around the pool


Hello everyone, how are you all doing? We are here at Cathy's house for a BBQ and a dip in the pool. Unfortunately, all of us girls are not able to go into the pool because of our monthly delivery. Oh, my gosh, monthly delivery!!!! I think she means PERIOD. It is too obvious that we spend way to much time together. Was that info really necessary??? It's been a slow but warm week and we have had some great weather and outdoors has been beckoning us. We are having a good time but we were hoping to be all together but somehow that didn't work out. Louise had some major car trouble and once again we miss her.


We look forward to reading your comments and we enjoy the interacting.


We have had some wonderful dinner, Cathy has treated us very well. The teenagers are actually interacting and I was bugging Cathy about taking a picture because she always complains that they do not speak to each other, well they are talking today. They have now gone in the house and are downstairs listening to music. We are talking about playing the game Risk and one of the boys has brought it upstairs but we can't play it outside because the game is too old. I am not exactly sure what that means. The game has been in the family for a long time and still has all of the original pieces, plus Risk has many small pieces which could get dropped and blown away in the winds!!! When Cathy says old and in the family a long time she means it! We all remember the time we tried to play Monopoly at Cathy's house. Sunshine was setting up the game and as she was taking the elastic off the cards, the elastics broke because they were so old. At this moment Cathy walked in and started to tell us how old the game was and that even the elastics where original. Oops! So, to this date we bug Cathy about how old all of her stuff is!
I need to explain how well Cathy takes care of all of her things. I recall living next to her and someone asked to borrow her wheel barrow which she had received as a gift for her birthday. The person needed to move some gravel from the front yard to the back yard and Cathy said sure but please make sure that you don't put any scratches in it because it is brand new and very special to her. Needless to say, I think that they borrowed a different wheel barrow because not putting a scratch in the wheel barrow when you are using a shovel was just too much pressure. So, although we bug her about how pristine her things are, secretly, I admire her for taking such care with everything because she treats them all like treasures The world would be a better place if we were all so respectful of everything.


It has been a long day for me, I was up early and went to the farmers market, then I drove the teenager back to camp for a week of youth camp. The traffic was very busy and it took us three hours instead of the normal 2 hours to get there. After spending half an hour at camp saying hello to all, I then turned around and drove home. Which was another three hours because of the heavy traffic on the way home. I was one hour late for Cathy's BBQ, but I made it, better late then never. I was one hour late too, sorry Cathy. It has been a beautiful, and now relaxing afternoon. The kids have been in and out of the water and having fun. We have been discussing how much we miss Louise and wish she would have come or let one of us pick her up .


So, I have all next week to myself, what to do, what to do. At this moment all I have planned is a pedicure on Tuesday and I want to get my hair done at some point. I am going to call Louise on Sunday and offer her a ride to work for Monday if she needs it. Well Caroline for this week I command you to bring me a basket of Cherry Tomatoes from your beautiful garden. (just joking, she said that she owes me for the future watching of her children at the end of September but she really has not even booked the trip yet). Trust me, as soon as the tomatoes are red, everybody will get some.

So, here's a question. When is it OK to say no? When something is asked of you and you have no real reason, ( except selfish ones ), is it OK morally to say no or should you always say yes, even if it is an inconvenience.


I am OK most of the time with saying no, but I do understand that to say no to some people it can be very difficult because I don't want to hurt any ones feelings. One thought though is if a person needs help then they have to ask, as I can't read their mind and as selfish as this is, I do not have other's needs on my mind very often.


Alright, so what if the person doesn't ask. Do you just go barge in and help. Isn't that being a little arrogant. What if you have offered many times and are not taken up on your offer. Do you stop offering and wait or keep being a pest and offering hoping to be taken up on your offer?

Its very difficult sometimes because we want to be good people and you want to do your best in life. What does that really mean? For me, it just means that I need to do what feels right in my heart. Sometimes what feels right in my heart may be very different from what the other person is expecting from me and hopefully my history as a friend and the person that they know will speak for itself. There are many times when I may ask for something but the answer is not always yes and that's OK. I feel that yes is a bonus and if it happens then that's great but if its no then hey, maybe next time. It's not a judgement in character. My friends are who they are and I love them for the people that they are. Its very simple for me but I am bothered when I know that I have disappointed someone. We are all human and we will disappoint. Maybe, just maybe our expectations are sometimes just too much. As long as we love and respect each other, that is enough for me. Holy pressure, how do I make my tomatoes ripe within a few days! Does anyone have any red paint?



Carolin and Sunshine are now speaking about branding. Who should brand who? How long and how large. I don't think this is a topic we should be discussing, but I'm too 'safe'. This topic has been raised because of situations between Carolin's teenager and her boyfriend. When we speak of branding what we mean is hickeys. I have made it very clear how I feel about hickeys but I will save this for another blog.


It has been a lovely day today, the kid's and Carolin's husband are still playing Risk. Everyone has had strawberry/rhubarb pie and Neapolitan ice cream. It's still warm out. I'm missing my husband who is with family in Michigan for the Nascar race. I'm glad for him as he has wanted to go to one for so long. He is having a blast! We all miss him very much too.

The CNE or the EX as we call it is starting soon. To me this is a depressing time as it means summer is coming to an end and the kids go back to school. I like having my kids home. I miss them when they are at school. I will miss the kids very much as summer has gone by very quickly and the kids are going to drag me to the CNE really soon. Don't tell the others but the little one and I bought her 'back to school' backpack, lunch bag and most of her school supplies. She is so excited about having to buy school supplies for the first time. Everyday she is pulling her new stuff out and looking at it and organizing her pencil case and backpack. It is very cute to watch but also a little frustrating as I think nothing will be new by the time school starts. And I love the CNE but am not too sure if we will make it this year or not.

Have a fantastic weekend and enjoy the rest of your summer!

1 comment:

  1. Elvis Stoako will be at the EX everyday. Appearing at the Ricoh center at 2:00 and 7:00 daily. I have seen this show last year without Elvis and it was fabulous. This year I am sure it will be even better and it is free. I like going to the Ex every year . I am going on Friday by myself and on Wed. with my brother and sister.
    Lets go to the EX oh baby lets go to the EX.

    ReplyDelete