Friday, August 27, 2010

Catch Up Fridays

I can't believe that next week will be our final week of summer vacation. It has flown by and the start of school and work is around the corner.(Cathy - shhhhhhh!) Mr Sunshine and I had our yearly physicals yesterday, well, in our case it has been over two years since our last one. I have finally figured out why I have been feeling so sick since the second week of July. I have developed an ulcer again. I am suppose to take my ulcer medication everyday for the rest of my life but taking a pill a day is not what I like to do, so I don't. Well, starting August 1st after feeling so unwell I started the ulcer medication as a precaution and this week is the first week that I have actually started to feel better. Well, the doctor checked me out and as a surprise to me, I have an ulcer that is just starting to heel over. I have dealt with this my whole life, I really should know better and I should have realized it sooner and not have let things get so bad. Well, I am definitely going to take my medicine everyday from now on. Enough of that, I am just happy to be feeling better and smiling again for the first time in what seems like a long while, so I am told. I am so glad you are feeling better. Boy, both you and mom with ulcers! I am just so glad it's something that can be fixed!
Well next week is our shopping trip to Pennsylvania with my cousin and her family and maybe even my sister and my dad. (Is this where the McDonald's is that straddles a state line?) Good memory Cathy, yes it is. Other then that we will be doing some day trips around the city and getting back into the school routine.(yech!) I also have a family picnic on Saturday and soccer fun day for Little Miss Sunshine. Miss Teen Sunshine has been playing her new guitar hero and she is really enjoying that.
I am looking forward to seeming everyone next week. Cathy, have you thought about what you would like me to bring? Carolin, how was your trip? When are you back? Louise, what have you been up to?
So, what has my week been like. I was in the garden and transplanted some shrubs from one spot to another. I used to be so afraid to move things around once planted. I remember watching Sunshine in her garden. If she didn't like something where is was, she had no qualms about moving it! It was a great way to garden; very freeing. I have slowly developed the ability to not feel guilty about moving things around. I am so happy with how things look now and it only took a year and a half to talk myself into it, lol! Way to go Cathy!!!
Good news! Hubby is home, yeah! I am so happy for you and your whole family!!!!! Our older son is now officially a lifeguard! He passed his NLS today! Congratulations, what an accomplishment!!!! I remember starting him (and his brother) in swimming lessons when he was three and thinking how it would be great if he continued until NLS. Boy, time has flown. We are so proud!
He is now going for his swim instructors and if he passes he has been told he will be hired by the city parks and rec dept. This would be a great part time job so I hope he does well.
One week until we all get together. I have been playing with a menu but I have not yet decided. I will let you all know early in the week.
Hey Carolin, I hope you and the Husband are having a great time. You both deserve a great week to do nothing but RELAX!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment