Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thursdays on the Bench

Hi all, Cathy here, I am on vacation this week. This is the week when I get together with my mom and sister and we do our Christmas shopping. It's fun! No crowds and we have lunch and have a great time! I hope everyone is feeling better this week! I am so glad Donny is doing well in Dancing with the stars. I laugh at myself because I didn't realize that I still had a 'thing' for Donny Osmond. It must be left over from when I was a kid. Or maybe I am still a kid! Anyways, I hope he does well and my thanks to Sunshine for keeping me updated. I work both Monday and Tuesday nights so do not get a chance to watch the show. (Sunshine) Yes Donny is doing very well. My family is doing well too. We are pretty much over the flu and are finally feeling much better. I hope that is stays that way. It is now our turn with illness. The little one has been off school for a day and half and thankfully today and tomorrow are PD days so we can all be together enjoying her Royal Grumpiness! I hope that you all feel better really soon.

Well, that's all for me as mom is waiting for me to pick her up. Have a good week everyone!

Cathy I hope that you and your mom and your sister have a great week together, it sounds like so much fun.

This week has been good so far. Work is good and the girls and me and Mr Sunshine are all feeling better. The family room renovations are going well for a change. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product. With any luck it may be finished by Christmas. it sounds like a long time away but really it is right around the corner.

(Carolin)Yes it does feel like Christmas is just around the corner. I have some of my shopping done but not much. I do have a lot of gift cards to buy so that does make it easier. Yesterday my Canadian Living magazine came in the mail. I have subscribed to it for years and always have enjoyed it. I find it to be a conservative magazines that represents the family. But (and I know you knew there was going to be a but) this months (Decembers) has a small picture of a Christmas tree on the editorial page. The caption reads and I quote "On the holiday tree grow many things -love, family memories, hope and joy." HOLIDAY TREE!!!! it is called a Christmas tree. Why do some people feel it is OK to take Christ out of Christmas. It is bad enough that Christmas has become a commercial cow and employees at some of the retail shops can't even wish someone Merry Christmas. Please leave our CHRISTmas tree alone Canadian Living http://www.canadianliving.com/. I absolutely love the subscription that you gave me for my birthday this year. It is such a treat to receive it, thanks again so much.

As I try to type the little one is doing some homework and cutting up my sears catalogue. Good thing I don't usually read it. The teenager went to the Gala/Awards dinner last night. She won a $1000.00 scholarship for an essay she wrote on buying her first thong! Makes a mother proud now don't it? Anyway she said it was a nice evening she enjoyed the people she sat with (all strangers to her). She was given a cheque for $1000.00 which I deposited into her university account this afternoon. She said that was the easiest $1000.00 she has ever made. She has filled out more applications for scholarships and is reading The Fountain Head right now and then will write an essay on the book for another scholarship. Congratulations that's amazing. How was Mike Holmes? The teenager says all he talked about was contracting and it was boring for her, but there was a lot of others who had questions for him. I guess his target audience is not 17 year old girls.

Well must be off and start some dinner, hope everyone has a great week.

2 comments:

  1. Cathy...did your family make the amazing rum cake yet? It's the ONLY Christmas fruit cake I'll eat! And it was fun to be a part of such a family tradition...that's where I lose out with such a small, and rapidly dwindling, family.
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fruit is soaking in rum and gets a stir every now and again. We bake the pudding on the last Sunday of November. It's still 3 stirs and a wish! I'll make a wish for you this year!

    ReplyDelete