Friday, March 23, 2012

Catch Up Fridays

(Cathy) What a beautiful week! I hope everyone had a chance to be outside to enjoy it. I know we are in for cooler temperatures next week, but that is OK. I hope we get some rain. The water tables need to be topped up due to lack of snow. Welcome back Carolin! I hope you all had a great time! (Sunshine) I agree Cathy, what gorgeous weather.


Arm update: I can now, at times, lift my arm almost to my shoulder. However, only once, but once is better than before. Doctor update on Monday.Garden update: my daffodils and crocuses are in bloom. My tomato and parsley seedlings are looking good. I was going to go to Canada Blooms today with my mother, but she is sick with the flu or cold or allergies or sinus infection, (they all seem the same). She is starting to feel better, however, walking around for a couple of hours in a stuffy building will probably not feel great. Next year. I hope that your mom feels better really soon.

I still cannot sleep. I found a meditation podcast which is supposed to help. I am trying it and will let you know. It's a relaxation program where you take nice long easy breaths while picturing yourself sinking deeper into the bed. Then, while continuing to breath you picture the colour red. Continuing to breath and relax deeper into the bed you start to picture the colour orange and so forth down through the colour spectrum; ie: red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet. I have tried it twice and can honestly say that by the time I reach violet I conk out. Power of suggestion? I don't know, but if it helps me to sleep then alright. Alcohol also works wonders. A couple of my chalice size glass' of wine and you will be a sleep in know time Carolin, only one sentence, are you jet lagged? Cathy, that sounds so weird, but right up your alley but if it works then that's great. I am waiting for the day that you tell us that you are back to your old self. Its been too long and I know that you must be frustrated.

Welcome back Carline.

Update on my old job, apparently one of the girls was fired on Thursday. Allegedly the phone rang and the manager told her to go and pick it up because it was for her. The owner was on the line and told her to pack up her stuff and leave immediately as the meanager no longer wants her there. The girl asked if she could give her side of the story and he said no, just leave now and don't come back, I feel really bad for her as she was the same girl who was transferred to this cafeteria because the manager at her last cafeteria was throwing things at her and swearing at her. I am so happy not to be working for this crazy company any more.

Have a great week everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment