Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Catch Up Fridays... on Tuesday???

(Cathy) I go away for a week and no Friday blog! I feel so important!!! (ha, ha, ha) Hubby and I went away to the Riviera/Maya last week for the first time without our boys. I don't know how I did it. All the planning that takes place prior to leaving makes one wonder if it will be all worth it? A great big thanks to Sunshine and her family who took in our boys for the week. It was great knowing that we didn't have to worry about them. In fact, upon returning Hubby and I didn't think they even wanted to come home! They were spoiled!!! My sister took out puppy and he too was spoiled. Oh well, back to reality for one and all! The reality is.... there is snow on the ground!?! Oh where is my sandy beach, blue sky and cerveza???? (Sunshine) Welcome back Cathy. A sandy beach, sunshine and a blue ocean sounds really good. We enjoyed having the boys over, we will all miss them very much. Also, I am so sorry but I completely forgot about the blog this week. (Carolin) Well don't I feel sheepish, I didn't know Cathy was away or that Sunshine had the boys. Good thing we are a tight knit bunch of friends. I hope you had a relaxing and enjoyable time Cathy.



Well I started my new job on Monday and I work the next three days in a row. Right now there has been a lot of on line training modules that I have finally finished. I must say that it is so different from what I am use to. A much calmer environment and a very normal pace and a clean work place. I am so use to the hustle and bustle of the school cafeteria's. Even dressing up to go to work seems a little strange. I realize that I have absolutely no dress clothes or shoes at all. Oh, well it is part time seasonal so I may only have this job until the end of December so I will have to make due with the wardrobe that I have. I only worked five hours at the location so far and about six hours on line but I am enjoying it so far. There is a lot to learn and I am up for the challenge of working on something new. I really hope that Miss Teen Sunshine gets her licence in January that would solve any issues with me working past the end of the school day. Once again out of the loop, where are you working?


Well I feel a little foolish blogging as it is obvious I don't know what is going on with my besties. My excuse is it was Bethlehem Breakfast last weekend, and you know the stress that causes me. Even more so this year as they decided to sell tickets at the door be neglected to tell the cook. I bought and cooked for 160 people as I was told the numbers were on Friday. Then they sold another 50 tickets at the door and the powers that be wondered why we ran out of food. O well it is done and I don't have to think about it anymore, till next year anyway.


I have been having some issues with the Principal this past week. Well lets say I have had enough and wrote a extensively long email answering a zillion questions and why I do what I do in reference to Food Services. I then decided to not just leave it at that and also expressed my feeling on how I have been treated this past two years and demanded respect or I was leaving (as well as my child). I have had no response but I did find a Christmas card from him in my work mailbox (first time). Also he came to the kitchen today to introduce some IT guy (again first time) . So don't know if all is good or if I am being set up for a slaughter.


Now if I can get the nerve to deal with Dragon Lady all will be good. I was given the evil eye yesterday because she screwed up and tried to blame it on me and I would have nothing to do with that. Maybe I am growing a back bone (just a little).


So I know what Sunshine was doing..... what has Carolin been up to last week???

Carolin, where are you?


Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Carolin, I am so sorry. I just got all wrapped up in planning this trip and time just flew. Please forgive me. I do agree with you that we have been physically separate for too long and I think it's time for a girl's night out! What does your schedule look like the next two weeks??

    I think you are such a good person to continue to plan and execute the Bethlehem Breakfast. What they did to you was terrible! What feedback have you received from your email?

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete