Saturday, October 22, 2011

Catch Up Fridays

(Sunshine) Hello everyone. I hope that all is well. It is really starting to feel like fall outside and all of the colours are so beautiful. (Cathy) It's starting to get cold. You should feel how cold it is at 4:45am when I leave for work! Brrrr! (Carolin) it is getting crisp. Today the little one and I went winter coat and boats shopping. I got her a winter coat for $8.00!!!!! Can you believe it. Also I was snagged a pair of knee high leather black boats that were 20% off. So the $40.00 boats were only $32.00, not bad eh?

Work has been a little bit difficult this week. I can't seem to take my mind off of all of the injustices that exist within my company. I have tried and I go in everyday and my heart is just not into it. I am sad and miserable so I resigned at the end of the day yesterday. I was honest with my manager about how I feel regarding everything. The other thing that helped to make my decision final is that I had asked for a small wage increase since September and I am just getting the run around, no definite answer. So the deed is done. You have not been happy there for some time now. It is hard to see injustices done. I always wonder how those people live with themselves. You will find something else. I will keep my eyes and ears open. Hey Carolin...... ,lol!
(Carolin) Wow, Sunshine how did the meanager take it. Did you give her two weeks or just leave? I can hire you Nov 3 & 4th and maybe even the 2nd. I am working on the menus now(will have them done this weekend). Once they are approved I will have an idea of what needs to be done.

Its time to pound the pavement and find another job. Wish me luck!!! Good Luck!!

Did you ladies read in the local paper that the city wants to pave over the public skating rink at the Civic Centre??http://www.bramptonguardian.com/opinion/letters/article/1229394--letter-they-are-paving-paradise I have to say that I am not impressed with a lot of the decisions made by our elected city officials, seemingly behind closed doors. Why would they decide to pave over a skating rink which is heavily used and enjoyed by thousands each and every year? Especially considering its location. The reason given is to add parking as the new bus terminal took some parking away. There is a huge mall just across the street with a marked crosswalk. The skating area is used all year round with its seating area. I just do not understand how they city officials keep making one bad decision after another. Its like they forget that actual people live here. Cathy are you going to write to the editor and voice your complaint?


Well, before I go I should tell you that my friend Carol ran a personal best at last Sunday's Toronto Marathon!!!! Woo Hoo!! Here is the link to her blog as she is better at writing than I am and has blogged our week together. http://runnergirl48.blogspot.com/2011/10/stwm-recap.html

It has been a busy week for all it seems. I had our highest single regular school day sales this past Friday. I can't explain why but man it was busy. This coming week will be quite though as 80% of the high school will be away in Washington. I am hoping to get alot of prep work done for the week following as we have some big events happening then.

My brother and his wife came by today for a short visit. They are leaving on Monday for their honeymoon (finally). They are backpacking through Thailand and Singapore for then next 4 months. I prey they are safe and that they have a amazing time.

Have a good week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment